| YMTH | RFYL | Coel
| Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine
G u e s t
b o o k
September 21, 2012
August 16, 2012
July 27, 2012
- Nags Head NC Aug 23, 2012 - CORRECTION - This show is 8/23 (not 8/22 as
originally posted on theproduers.org.) See Nags
Head August 23, 2012
May 28, 2012
- Five shows in June 2012 -- see the shows page for those and one more in
- The Producers has a new FACEBOOK page and there is an Events page that
will remain more up-to-the minute than TheProducers.org.
February 24, 2012
- Changed the "The Producers" logo to something smoother - Transparent GIF is
either jagged or it shows white though the edges. Using transparent background
PNG works perfectly.
Thanks to Damian Shepard for creating a higher resolution smooth transparent
GIF to start with. Save the transparent color as Alpha Channel in Irfan View.
Here's the image.
February 15, 2012
January 30, 2012
- Added Buckhead Theatre show (Atlanta, GA) March 9, 2012
- Added Baton Rouge State Fairgrounds show (Baton Rouge, LA) June 9, 2012
September 01, 2011
April 10, 2011
December 05, 2010
November 09, 2009
- A new show scheduled for New Orleans November 14, 2009 in
Metairie, LA. See the shows page for details
August 14, 2009
- ANNOUNCING - 3 shows Labor Day. September 4, 2009 in Tallahassee. September
5 in Montgomery, AL. September 6 in Virginia Beach. See the shows page
for details here.
May 11, 2009
- ANNOUNCING - 3 shows delayed. Mandeville still on for 5/30/09. May 30, 2009. Dominican Republic | Birmingham, AL |
Tallahassee delayed. See the shows page for details
May 11, 2009
- ANNOUNCING - 4 (yes four) shows. Memorial Day weekend
2009 (and beyond). Dominican Republic | Mandeville, LA | Birmingham, AL
| Tallahassee. See the shows page for details here.
January 3, 2009
- Updated the YMTH page to include link to Sheila screen caps.
- Added new Gallery 8 which is the Sheila screen caps.
- Updated the Coelacanth page with links and images of Coelacanths to explain
the name of the album.
November 12, 2008
- Added St. Clement Show (New Orleans)
September 7, 2008
- Changed booking contact from Charlie O. to Bryan Holmes.
- Changed the top of the home page to reflect the state of the Producers on
CD and added a link to Sony's Feedback page where folks can request reissue in
MP3 (iTunes) format.
June 23, 2008
- Fixed erroneous details on home and band page showing Kyle as Lead Vocals
for the band. Van and Kyle shared Lead Vox on the first album so I just changed
both listings to show Vocals first.
June 9, 2008
April 2, 2008
March 15, 2008
March 3, 2008
- Added Whiteface Cover scans to the gallery page.
October 6, 2007
- Duluth Show CANCELLED Oct 26, 2007. Sorry Folks.
- Fans page - added link to MySpace and disabled Add Guestbook link. Put some
recent emails on the page since guestbook is dead - and there have been a
couple great emails.
July 11, 2007
- New shows announced for Atlanta (Duluth and Loganville) on July 26 and Oct
June 1, 2007
- Added review and photos from the Guantanamo show.
May 22, 2007
- New shows announced for Nashville and Atlanta on June 1 and 2, 2007.
May 11, 2007
- New show announced for Cuba 5/28/07.
February 10, 2007
- New show announced for Atkins Park Tavern. Added 2 links to links page - to
MySpace "heartheproducers" and to Michael Mastro. Added set list from Concourse
Athletic Club show from Bert Cummings. Added Russ Ragan photos to Gators page.
December 16, 2006
- Removed the "2006" year from the "Book the Producers for a show in your
area." statement. Lets see if folks realize that the contact info is still
December 10, 2006
- Great show. Added photos to the Howlin Wolf show page.
November 21, 2006
- New show dates 12/1/06 and 12/2/06 in Montgomery and New Orleans.
May 5, 2006
- New show date 5/20/05 in Atlanta.
January 22, 2006
- Attempted to fix the guestbook so we don't get so much spam. I fear my
attempts are failing and I may have to give up on the guestbook altogether.
- Also adjusted the background color to something a bit warmer. It looks more
orange than yellow, but it may not hurt the eyes so much either.
November 3, 2005
- Added AJC article from 12/25/82. Thanks John McDaniel.
September 29, 2005
- Changed Charlie Offer's phone number.
September 21, 2005
- Removed Site Change History column and added Charlie Offer's info to the
July 5, 2005
- Added Clapboard gif to the icon area of the browser's address bar. (doh!)
December 22, 2004
- Super cool Farewell Tour details from Tim Parker. (See Gallery 7 for Play Lists, tour dates, and ticket stubs.)
October 15, 2004
- Cleaned up the g u e s t b o o k.
- Adjusted booking agent contacts on the home page.
May 11, 2004
- Certain Kinda Girl! We just got another High
Quality capture from Pat. Bill Larsen helped us out with this one from the
- Bill has some other surprises up his sleeve which we'll be seeing on the
site soon, too. Keep your eyes open.
February 5, 2004
- She Sheila MTV video - High Quality Another
quality capture from Pat.
- Lets all start requesting "Certain Kinda Girl" on the VH1 Classic All
Request Hour so Pat can get a high quality capture of this last gem from
the Producers. Then our set will be complete!
Pat is having every request hour (for as long as it
takes) recorded in digital so that he can capture this video! Send
an email to VH1 and tell them you want to see Certain Kinda Girl: VH1ClassicRequests@vh1.com.
December 24, 2003
December 5, 2003
November 26, 2003
- VIDEO!!! A big treat from Marty Sims who
ripped this stuff from old VHS tapes.
November 14, 2003
- Adjusted promotion contacts/links for Wilson's Promotions and Charlie Offer.
- Added Wilson's site to the Links page.
May 12, 2003
- 25 new images! See them all in the new
- John Cannon submitted a couple schedules from the Attic nightclub.
- John Jaco sent a photo of a t-shirt the band was selling at their 2002
- Dan Fox sent in 5 photos of the band - including 2 cool portraits - from
the 2/23/03 Carbondale, IL show.
- Brent James sent in 5 photos from 10/26/01 in Chattanooga.
- Finally, Bert Cummings sent in a baker's dozen from 1/11/02 show in Atlanta.
May 6, 2003
April 27, 2003
April 25, 2003
- 105 new images in 2 new galleries!!! (Never fear - although there are a lot
of photos, the gallery pages have thumbnails and are only about 160 KB each.)
- First are 24 photos from 1981 by Michael Lippus. See Gallery 4.
- The next 24 are from Tim Carey. He saved a nice collection of set lists and
promo sheets. See Gallery 4 also.
- Cutie Sheryl Sussman captures the attention of the band and 7 photos of it
to boot! See Gallery 5.
- Bert Cummings has 16 recent shots of the band from the December 2002 show
at Smith's Old Bar. See Gallery 5.
- Bryan toured with Kansas in the early 90s. Kevin Stefanik shared 7 photos
to prove it! See Gallery 5.
- Finally, Missi and Kevin Rogers delivered 18 photos from the Coelacanth
Premier show from Oct. 2001. See Gallery 5.
March 30, 2003
- Fixed links to the Producers booking pages since they switched their URLs
around. They are now http://www.wilsonspromotions.com/producers.htm. They were
March 12, 2003
- Four New Shows - May and July New Orleans, Nebraska, Iowa, and
Wisconsin. See the Shows/Tour page for details.
January 20, 2003
- New tour dates - Feb 22, 03! Carbondale Illinois (South of Saint
Louis) See the Shows/Tour page for details.
January 7, 2003
- NEW KYLE DISC!! NEW KYLE SITE!! Kyle is his own web
developer and he is doing a lot of interaction with the fans.
You can dig into his brain to learn about his tunes in his Let's Talk forum.
Don't miss the LONG MP3 samples on his Music page - which will certainly
convince you to buy the CD.
The new disc moves forward with what Kyle has been doing at recent Producers
gigs with his covers of "Oh Darling", "What's New Pussycat?", "Mustang Sally",
etc... Only this time they are tasty Kyle originals.
December 8, 2002
- New tour dates - Memorial Day weekend 2003! Two shows near Green Bay
WI! See the Shows/Tour page for details.
November 6, 2002
- New tour dates! Nov. 22 in New Orleans and December 20 in Atlanta.
See the Shows/Tour page for details. -- Looks like
Frank hit the jackpot with the promotion stuff. He thanks you all for your
- New site search! I have added a form so you can search
TheProducers.org. Now you can find that nugget on the site.
October 16, 2002
- Fans contribute to promotion of the band. Frank Crispigna and
his buddy are donating some legwork to the Producers. Visit their web site to see how you can
- Coelacanth Sound Samples Added MP3 samples to the Coelacanth page. Check them out.
June 5, 2002
- July 3 show confirmed. Summerfest in
Milwaukee. Tentative date was July 5, so make sure to adjust your calendar.
April 17, 2002
- 5 New Shows!! May 4 in Atlanta is HUGE!
Wisconsin has 3 shows in July and then a show in Louisiana in October.
- Wayne's new web site! http://www.waynefamous.com This is all Wayne with some cool photos and a
January 27, 2002
- Photos from Smith's Olde Bar show. Thanks Bert Cummings.
- A little history about Kyle and what he did right after The Producers
and before his solo disk. Link to the article.
You can also get to the article from the Band page under the Kyle section.
- Articles Page rearranged to have the
articles all in date order.
- General clean-up. Added Funk Club link to the Links page, added debut press
kit photos to the press kit article page, added Smith's show review link to
January 19, 2002
January 6, 2002
- New Year's Eve show review Thanks
- The Funk Club Kyle is in a new band called The Funk Club. See the band page for details.
December 31, 2001
December 5, 2001
December 2, 2001
- Producers, New Years Eve, New Orleans 2001. What a super
combination! Be there. See the Shows/ Tour page for
- 2 New shows scheduled for January 2002. See the Shows/ Tour page.
- Rearranged the Shows/ Live page - now
calling it Shows/ Tour. Placed all reviews in their own pages with links in the
upper right box. Links to show schedule details are to separate show pages that
will become the review page for the show if a review is submitted.
- Rearranged the Home page back to the original format after the
Coelacanth release show frenzy has died down. Click here to see the old Coelacanth release show home page.
- Put the VW Commercial audio on the Coelacanth CD
page. Right Click here to
listen / Download the sound (mp3) file.
- Cut the size of the guestbook by copying
the old entries into a new Guestbook History page.
Now loading the guestbook will be a lot faster. I'll try to keep the active
guestbook to under 100KB.
October 29, 2001
- Eleven new photos from Cotton Club 10/06/01 show - Fans in the crowd
during and after the show. See the Cotton Club
- December 31, 2001 - New Orleans' Howlin' Wolf. There is no better
place or time to see The Producers. They love NO and New Years Eve!
October 21, 2001
October 15, 2001
- Added note on entry page (Coelacanth splash page) about booking the
band. Rearranged the Coelacanth CD and Premiere Show under the CD cover.
Corrected some info.
- Changed some info on the home page (yellow home page): Opened up the
booking request to anywhere, not just the SE, Request Producers on local radio,
Coelacanth release details.
October 9, 2001
- Coelacanth Premier show reviews and photos. Yeeehaa!!.
September 7, 2001
- New Pictures and Graphics in the gallery.
Make your own Miller Music Producers glasses!
- New Pictures and Graphics in the new Lakewood 1999 review page. Pulled the 3
Lakewood reviews off the Shows/Live page and put them on a page of their own. A
list of all show review pages appears in the top right of the
shows page. The most recent show review is at the
September 2, 2001
- Coelacanth to be released September 25,
- Coelacanth premiere party October 6, 2001 at the
- Coelacanth web page updated with cover graphic, track order, and some
- Index page replaced with Coelacanth announcements page (done mid August).
- Sound clip changed from "I thought these were Extinct".
- Coelacanth cover placed on home page with the actual release date.
July 19, 2001
- COELACANTH release date 9/25/01!!
- More Shows 8/1/01, 8/7/01, 10/5/01
- August 1, 2001. The 99X Atlanta Local Music
Awards (ALMA) at Earthlink Live 8 p.m.. $10 in advance $12 at the door.
There will be a brief tribute to the band, and they will perform a couple of
- August 7, 2001. Chastain Park Amphitheatre, Atlanta opening for Huey Lewis
and The News 8 p.m.
- October 5, 2001. The Varsity Theatre, 3353 Highland Road Baton Rouge,
Louisiana. Show time T.B.A. Tickets $15. Phone (225)383-7018.
- Coming soon: Photos and reviews of New Orleans show of 7/14/01!! I was
there and it was a full house.
July 9, 2001
- New Orleans Show Saturday 7/14/01!
Howlin' Wolf, 828 S.Peters Street, New Orleans. Show time is 10 p.m. The
Producers will go on stage at around midnight. Tickets are $12 in advance $15
at the door. For road trippers, there is a Courtyard by Marriott nearby which
may offer a special rate for Producers fans.
- Three reviews of shows this spring / summer.
- New OnMilwaukee article introducing the Producers tour of Wisconsin in June
2001. Link also available on Articles page.
- Moved the Shows page link to the top of the left navigation area (below
May 29, 2001
- Confirmed June 1, 2001 in Atlanta - see
Shows/Live page for details.
- June 1, 2001 - Definite Chastain Park
Amphitheatre - Atlanta. Show time should be around 8 p.m., a 45-minute show.
May 25, 2001
- And More Shows announced - see Shows/Live page
- July 14, 2001 Howlin' Wolf - New Orleans. Show
time is 10 p.m.
- June 1, 2001 - Tentative Chastain Park
Amphitheatre - Atlanta. Show time should be around 8 p.m., a 45-minute show.
- Coming soon ... Photos from Carrollton and Pensacola shows!
April 24, 2001
- More Shows announced - see Shows/Live page for
- May 19, 2001 SpringFest, Pensacola, FL. 6:55 p.m.
opening for The Knack
- June 15, 2001 Rainbow Summer - Milwaukee, WI.
TWO SHOWS at noon (no opening act) and 7:00p.m. (Opening is KB's Midlife
- Tentative dates, below, are confirmed.
March 24, 2001
- Live Shows announced!
- May 5, 2001 Mayfest (Outdoors) 6:45pm -
- Tentative date June 14,2001 Waterfest -
Oshkosh, Wisconsin with The Romantics
- Tentative date June 16, 2001 Harbor Fest -
Racine, Wisconsin opening for Night Ranger
- Book the Producers for a show in your
area!! See details on the home page (at right)
- The band will be selling autographed CDs at their live shows.
- One Way Records is working on getting the rights to Coelacanth (the
unreleased MCA recording from 1989)!! They will issue this on CD for release as
early as this summer if
they can get MCA's approval. I understand that the president of MCA has the
final word. We'll know soon.
- RFYL is not far behind Coelacanth. These may be released on separate
CDs instead of the 2-fer they did with the first 2 reissues.
- BIG new Gallery Page with 16 great photos and scans of most of the bands
singles with lots of autographs. 52 scans in all! Thanks to Bill Larsen for
February 19, 2001
- BIG 1982 Article with 8 great photos. Thanks to
Bill Larsen for contributing it.
January 17, 2001
- New scans in the Gallery. Thanks Ken and
January 14, 2001
- New article in Creative Loafing-Atlanta. Bryan mentions the new CD reissue
and says the band WILL TOUR THIS YEAR. Keep your eyes
on this site for details (when I get them). Link to the article from the Articles page or click
to go directly to Creative Loafing.
- Fixed a whole bunch of broken links on the links page (they should all work now - UBL,
All Music Guide, and BMI links were all dead). Sorry these were broken :-)
- Deep Sixed the eXtreme Tracker web counter for this site. It was
horribly incorrect. In it's place is a stats monitoring
package that can be accessed through a secret link on the page.
November 27, 2000
- Added new CD cover to home page and replaced the Debut album scans with
those from the CD booklet. Stay tuned for a new CD-specific page.
November 25, 2000
- The New CD is Here!!
Christmas came a month early for me! I got my CDs in the mail today. I hear the
release was delayed by a few days due to a
problem with the artwork. Don't panick if your local shop doesn't have them in
stock yet. I stopped at the local Media Play
yesterday and they didn't have it in yet, but I saw that they had it on order.
Don't hesitate to bring the discs to the front
of their bin in the Ps. Make sure folks see it on the shelves!!
October 29, 2000
- Bargain on presale of reissue CD
Checkout.com always has great deals on
prerelease sales. The Producers reissue is going for $9.07 each.
October 16, 2000
- CD to be released 11/21/00
The Debut/You Make the Heat reissue CD will hit store shelves 11/21/00. See the
details on the home page.
- Reorganized the home page. Moved the album covers/links to the right column
of the page. Moved Bryans Projects window
to the Band page.
- See the original Producers Home page here.
August 26, 2000
August 20, 2000
- Producers to Re-issue first 2 albums on CD!!
Bryan has coaxed One Way
Records into re-issuing The Producers and You Make The Heat.
According to this Creative
Loafing article they will be
released in October 2000!!
- There are still no Producers shows scheduled. I hope the re-issues will
prompt a concert!
June 18, 2000
- Ultraphonic wins $250,000 recording contract!!
This is the group Bryan has been managing. They have been in competition on www.garageband.com for some time and just
emerged on top at the end of the competition.
- CD-R covers for all 3 albums!! See the individual album pages for links to
the covers. (Thanks to Randall for the hard work.)
- New article about the band after recording some
of the tunes from Coelacanth. Submitted by Mike Morris.
May 20, 2000
- New article describing Kyle
joining the Producers on Jan 1, 1980. Submitted by John McDaniel.
- John also submitted 4 new Promo Photos - See his entries at the top of the
- I understand that there are no shows scheduled in 2000 so far. Keep
an eye on the site for updates.
- I have recently heard from Kyle. He is stepping back into the music
business!! Keep your eye on this site for details. Maybe we will have samples
of his demo disc?
January 25, 2000
- She Sheila on CD!!! Renaissance Records has
released a CD titled "Heard It On The Radio Volume 3" containing "She Sheila".
- Sorry, but I have been instructed to take the Coelacanth samples off the
site. I am also not going to be able to do an album replay on the shoutcast
- In their place, I have added MP3 samples from the first 3 albums!! Enjoy.
See the individual album pages for links to the MP3 samples.
- Wow. I have some great stuff for you. John
McDaniel, a long-time friend of Bryan has been feeding images to me for a few
months and I have finally gotten them through my to-do list and out onto the
site. I am really partial to Bryan's Power Grip ad.
- Don't miss the other pictures on the gallery
page. There are a bunch of new pics in the Miscellaneous section and 6 new
pics from a show on 7/4/92. There are 19 new pictures in all!
November 5, 1999
Coelacanth on MP3 Radio Fri 11/05/99!!!Streaming from the
Producers Web site. Here's how to listen:
- This is an MP3 broadcast. It can be enjoyed over 28.8 kbps modems. The
quality of the audio should be better than what you are accustomed to with
- You will need an MP3 player capable of receiving streaming MP3 audio. The
current version of WinAmp and MacAmp will do it. Here is where to get it: http://www.winamp.com/winamp/download/index.phtml
- You can join the broadcast using this link Coelacanth Radio Server (Choose the
"Click here to listen" link). You can also join the broadcast from www.shoutcast.com by searching for
"producers" in their search engine - during the show.
- You may want to visit www.shoutcast.com ahead of time to see if you can
receive one of these broadcasts. You may have to tell your browser how to
handle the file/stream. Open it with WinAmp if it asks.
- I don't believe you will be able to capture the songs to your hard drive in
MP3 format. This is to our benefit since it probably makes it fully legal to
broadcast it. (If you want to keep the tunes you'll have to plug your cassette
deck into your sound card. Isn't that what you would do if it were a real radio
- Please don't ask me for a copy of my source tunes. I am not permitted to
copy Coelacanth ... and I don't copy stuff that was made available for retail.
The 3 discs that were released are often available from www.gemm.com.
- Yes! I'll run the Producers Radio Show again.
I'll keep you posted via email and this web site.
October 16, 1999
- MP3 samples of all Coelacanth songs!!! Each
sample is 30 seconds and, sorry, some don't capture the character of the song.
- Coming soon - Samples from the rest of the Producers' albums. Including
better representations of the Coelacanth tunes.
September, 14 1999
- Reviews of the Lakewood show added to Shows
page. Also added a ticket stub graphic to the page.
- Added 2 pictures of Kyle to the Band page. Also
updated Kyle's details to include the name of his solo album and added the fact
that Whiteface actually had a second, live, album.
September 3, 1999
- The Producers Live at the Lakewood Amphitheater
September 10, 1999! With Rick Springfield and John Waite. Lakewood is
just 4 miles south of downtown Atlanta.
July 8, 1999
June 09, 1999
April 18, 1999
- New Photo Gallery including 12 photos of The
Producers at the Cotton Club in Atlanta 3/20/99! See what they look like now!
- Split articles and interviews out of the Links page onto their own Articles page. Added Bryan's band links to the Links
page. Added Tim's CNN interview to the Articles page.
March 21, 1999
March 15, 1999
March 4, 1999
- It is official. Bryan Holmes,
myself, John Distacio and his wife have teamed up to deliver this official
Producers web site. John, being in the Internet business has donated the server
space and the domain name registration fee so that we can be at our new home:
www.theproducers.org. Our informal team has been in contact for several
months and we have plans to bring you a lot of interesting content - including
song samples and video. Stay tuned for more great Producers stuff!
Ironically, the moment I broke away from Compuserve, the remaining pieces of
TheProducers.org came together - thus, 2 updates in 2 days.
Bookmark theproducers.org, better yet, just remember it - not too tough
March 3, 1999
- Welcome CNN visitors!
Tim Smith was
interviewed on CNN
Interactive on 1/18/99. His role in Sheryl Crow's band has
stepped up a notch. Not only is
he playing shows with her, he played on her "Globe Sessions" CD.
was savvy enough to dig up links to the Jellyfish, Umajets, and
Producers sites. Congratulations on your contribution to Cheryl Crow's Grammy
winning "Globe Sessions", Tim!!
- Producers Live in concert 03/20/99 at the
Cotton Club in Atlanta.
- Bryan is now producing a new band called Ultraphonic.
They have a CD out and it looks like The Producers are going to
play gigs with them a few
times - including the 3/20/99 date at Cotton Club.
- The Producers site has moved to a new host!
Farewell to CompuServe. CompuServe has served as the home to The Producers
site for 2
years now. It never was an URL that you could remember. I hope this move
doesn't cause any
fans any problems. I am going to notify those that link to The Producers
site of the new
address - especially the UBL and 3Bells sites. Unfortunately, I don't think
I am going to
be able to get the CNN or 80s Server to change their links.
I am going
my CompuServe accounts soon and I don't know how soon thereafter they will
clean up the
old website on ourworld.Compuserve.com.
The new site URL is: http://home.columbus.rr.com/producers/. We have had
a plan in the
works for a few months that this site would become The Producers official
site!! This is
big news. The domain name has been reserved and activated, but I don't have
the ability to
update it. It was updated once with the Producers entry page. It is now out
of date. It
then links to individual pages in the Ourworld.compuserve.com site. These
links will die
Eventually this site will move again to www.theproducers.org. I will
keep you informed
of such a move on the home.columbus.rr.com site.
November 12, 1998
- Welcome 80's Server visitors! Thanks
for stopping in. Come
back soon for updates about the upcoming Official Producers Web
site - TheProducers.org.
- This site got 80's Server's site of the day 11/12/98!! Thanks, 80's Server!
- Producers Live in concert 12/19/98 at the
Cotton Club in Atlanta.
August 20, 1998
July 12, 1998
May 25, 1998
March 5, 1998
February 23, 1998
Early February 1997
Added RFYL info and a couple other tidbits.
Late January 1997
- Site originally published as one page with a handful of links
(mostly to ASCAP/BMI and All Music Guide - yet the link to the
Audities article was there), band member names and
discography including only the Debut and YMTH. Site's only graphic
was 'The Producers" banner as in the debut's cover. (I didn't have a
- Registered site URL with major search engines and Ultimate Band List.